Dr. Lyndon Siu
Since his return to Australia, he held a full time staff specialist position at Monash Medical Centre, a tertiary adult and paediatric hospital, and has been actively involved in postgraduate education and training. He currently combines a part time specialist appointment at Monash Medical Centre and a private practice at multiple private hospital networks in metropolitan Melbourne.
Australian Society of Anaesthetists
Australian and New Zealand College and Anaesthetists
Ultrasonography in anaesthesia
2. Weinberg L, Pearce B, Sullivan R, Siu L.The Effects of Plasmalyte-148 versus Hartmann’s Solution During Major Liver Resection: a Multicentre, Double-blind, Randomized Controlled Trial. Minerva Anestesiologica 2014 – Nov [Epub ahead of print]
3. Browne W, Siu LW, Monagle J. The impact of anaesthetic trainees on elective caesarian section procedure time: A prospective observational study. Anaesthesia and Intensive Care 2011 Sep; 39: 936-940
4. Boet S, Borges B, Naik V, Siu L, Riem N, Deven Chandra D, Bould D, Joo H. Complex procedural skills are retained for minimum of one year after a single high-fidelity simulation training session. Br J Anaesth 2011; 107(4): 533-9
5. Siu L, Boet S, Borges B, Bruppacher H, Leblanc V, Naik V, Chandra D, Joo H “High-Fidelity Simulation Demonstrates the Influence of Anaesthesiologists’ Age and Years from Residency on Emergency Cricothyroidotomy Skills.” Anesthesia and Analgesia 2010; 111 (4): 955-960
6. Borges BC, Boet S, Siu L, Bruppacher HR, Naik VN, Riem N, Joo HS. “Incomplete adherence to the ASA difficult airway algorithm is unchanged after a high-fidelity simulation session.” Can J Anaesth. 2010 Jul; 57(7): 644-9
7. Siu L, Mathieson E, Naik V, Chandra D, Joo H “Patient and operator related factors associated with successful Glidescope® intubations: A prospective observational study in 742 patients.” Anaesthesia and Intensive Care 2010; 38(1): 70-75
8. Boet S, Siu L. Should anaesthetists be involved in pre-hospital care? British Journal of Hospital Medicine (London). 2009 Apr 8; 70(4): 245
9. Siu L, Tucker A, Manikappa S, Monagle J “Does Patient Position Influence Doppler Signal Quality from the USCOM Ultrasonic Cardiac Output Monitor” Anesthesia and Analgesia 2008;106: 1798 –1802.
10. Trotter D, Aly A, Siu L, Knight S. “Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic (VATS) Pleurodesis for Malignant Effusion: An Australian Teaching Hospital’s Experience” Heart, Lung and Circulation 2005; 14: 93-96.
11. Siu L, Naik V, Chandra D, Bould D, Joo H “Comparison of Glidescope Success Rates by Experts in Patients with Normal and Difficult Airways” Canadian Anesthesiologists’ Society Annual Scientific Meeting 2008.
12. Siu L, Boet S, Naik V, Chandra D, Joo H “Anesthesiologists’ Age and Performance of Cricothyroidotomy in a Simulated ‘Cannot Intubate Cannot Ventilate’ Scenario” 9th Annual International Meeting on Simulation and Health Care 2009.